INSTITUTE FOR VISUAL INTELLIGENCE
The mission of the Institute for Visual Intelligence is to seek a philosophical understanding of visual intelligence. The Institute offers a wealth of intellectual opportunities from research to innovation.
Keywords: analytic philosophy, fine art, intelligence, logic, artificial intelligence, data science & mining, philosophy of mind, epistemology, philosophy of language, grammar, philosophy of games, visual studies, aesthetics, art history & criticism, psychology, philosophy of science
–Are most well known aestheticians and philosophers of art visually intelligent?
– Problems with using logic to analyze artwork
– Why is the difference between philosophy of art and aesthetics significant?
– How are subjectively universal judgments of taste possible?
– Why is visual intelligence significant in measuring human capacities?
– Can a machine achieve unsupervised visual intelligence?
– In what ways is art making mathematical?
– What is the difference between visual intelligence and spatial intelligence?
– And more…
We would consider papers with parameters of the following:
Philosophy of language
Philosophy of psychology
Philosophy of science
Philosophy of mind
Art history & criticism
Distinguished Professor of Philosophy
CCNY Graduate Center
Director of the Art & AI Lab at Rutgers University
Director of the Visual Studies Program at the University of Pennsylvania